Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Good Bye Utah - Hello Missouri

We visited with as many people as we could in Utah.  I failed to get pictures of several of our visits.  We love you all.

Playing in the water while visiting with the Warehimes.

We have known the Kotter family for well over a decade.  We LOVE them!

Block tower!

Bunnies! The day they were born.

 Lots of fun with the Hubers.  We thought to take pictures AFTER the older boys left.

We picked up the truck and loaded it on Friday.  We did this as a family with one other helper, our nephew, Hunter.  Google made this little video from our pictures and videos.  Yay.  I'll learn to edit video later: soon, but later.

Trouble viewing?  Click here

I had 50 square feet more in the truck than the storage unit.  But We had more than 50 square feet of food storage.  It was going to be tight.  So I played Tetris in real life.  We ended up having extra space.

We were ALL exhausted!  
Eric and I thought it would take 2 - 3 hours.  I took over 4!

After we loaded up, we had a good bye party. Not without its glitches either. 
It was so very nice to visit one last time before moving.  We'll be back to visit.

Trouble viewing? Click here


Eric called on Tuesday to verify that we had our homeowners insurance lined up.  Nope.  Eric made a couple of calls to get that resolved.
We were informed on Wednesday that the closing date had been pushed out a week to Aug 30. 
People dropped the ball.  
I called the lender and informed her that we specifically asked to close on the 23rd.  And that it was in an email sent directly to her as well.  She had overlooked it.  She said she would try to move it up.
It didn't really matter though.  The appraiser went out to the house, went on vacation, and then finished his report.  It took 2 1/2 weeks.
Friday, we were informed that the underwriter would NOT approve our loan.  The house is incomplete and unsafe, or something like that.  
It does not seem to matter that we are going to do the fixes before we live in it.

I called the seller.  Brother Nettles said we could move as planned and we can figure it out.  Such a blessing.  

We Left Saturday morning for Missouri.  

Amelia navigated us to this gas station.  
Both the moving truck and the RV fit and could fill at the same time!

They kill/dry the corn on the plant.  Hmmm.

We drove through lightning and storms both nights.

Trouble viewing? Click here

Trouble viewing? Click here

Trouble viewing? Click here

We unloaded the truck bright and early Monday morning.  Brother Nettles, his dad, and brother Wilbur helped.

When we showed up in our RV and brother Nettles learned that we had no other vehicle, he gave us one to borrow while we looked for a new to us one!  Truly blessed.

On our way we saw two Amish horse and buggies right along side of the 65 mile an hour highway!(taking pictures at 65 miles an hour is a new thing)

We went looking at cars.  And found ourselves away at dinner time.  

Scott was the only one to finish all his food.  (Most of us clear our plates every time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment